Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thank you Dr. Rudolf Hauschka

Why is integrity and authenticity important? For me they are important because they link to something that I can recognise and value. How to describe that something is quite a challenge, but a challenge worth taking on. From a practical point of view I think the something is goodness. The thing is good, and I recognise its goodness when is resonates with what I feel inside myself to be good. But I also feel that when a thing is authentic, with great integrity, then it is somehow expressing the best that it truly can be, somehow it is an exemplar of its type. Finally though, there is a feeling and thinking aspect to the matter, I might say a spiritual dimension. When a thing has become authentic it is through the earnest and honest striving of people who are working to manifest the thought or concept that describes the thing. They are trying to line everything up – a perfect thought behind the product, a perfect production and manufacturing process, skilful and careful people, passionate and caring people. When all these things are true then magic happens.

This blog is written from my perspective, what concerns me, what interests me, what moves me. Anything else would be inauthentic! For the last eighteen years Dr.Hauschka has been part of my life, and right now, in this moment, I am intensely aware just what a beacon it is for me. This product is a continual wellspring of inspiration in my life. Twenty years ago when I was setting out on my career it was Dr.Hauschka that lead me on my journey in to ethical business – which means it was Dr.Hauschka that made me the business man I am. Dr.Hauschka was the revelation of my mission.

The people who were making Dr.Hauschka twenty years ago had much to say and their words were meaningful and important to me. Yet it was the product itself that spoke to me loudest and most clearly, it spoke through its effectiveness, through its quality, through its consistency. It made me ask how? How can this product be? Healing ingredients suspended in a mixture of oil and water – magic I experienced, magic I wondered about. I realised that it is only possible when human beings take true thoughts, and manifest these thoughts in to the physical world with the most intense care and love.

There it is! Love! That’s what Dr.Hauschka is! Dr.Hauschka is bottled love. That’s why it shines so brightly, that’s why I have been able to follow it for my whole career and today can say that it is just as much an inspiration as it ever was.

It’s through Dr.Hauschka that I realised that when a customer uses the product positive consequences extend from her skin, to her whole being, to the company that makes and sells the product to the people who grow the ingredients all over the world. Sustainability, sustainability, sustainability. A product is only made again if it used. If it is made sustainably then in our world economy, when I use it, I spread wonderful benefits around the world. On the other hand, when I use a product that is not sustainably produced then I do harm. Although that’s one of the driving thoughts behind Elysia, it is just a part of what it is to be Dr.Hauschka. No fuss, no bother, no compromise of quality, no second best. The best skin care products in the world, made out of a deep and true understanding of the skin, the human being and Nature, of which we are a part. Made to meet the needs of man. Made in the only way that they could be, with integrity, with authenticity, of love.

I experienced one person’s directory of gratitude recently - http://www.becomingaself.org/ - which was, incidentally, a profoundly moving experience. This blog is about my feelings of gratitude to Dr.Hauschka. The product, but ultimately the man. Dr. Rudolf Hauschka who brought about a company that could make a product of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment